All property photos
Click to View
loading your dream home...
3 Bedrooms 3.5 Bathrooms ~ 2658 SF on Half Acre Lot
Perched above Lake Cascade with serene views, this gracious Spanish style 1930’s home has been extensively updated throughout with quality materials and masterful craftsmanship while preserving the original architectural integrity. Experience quintessential CA living in an excellent floor plan with two living rooms, primary bedroom room and chef's kitchen opening to mulitiple outdoor entertaining venues. Distinctive features include beautiful wood beamed ceilings, elegant French doors that invite you to the brick courtyard with fireplace, an upper courtyard with fire pit, terraces with views, built-in BBQ and a walk-in temperature controlled wine room. Spring is around the corner and the garden is on the verge of emerging. The award-winning landscaping includes 30 specimen trees, fruit trees, custom hardscape, and magical evening outdoor lighting. Fantastic location: the lake at your doorstep, quick access to Orinda Country Club amenities, locally owned shops & restaurants, community center, library, seasonal farmer's market, BART & highway. Truly an enchanting home and not to be missed.
Seller's Note To Buyers
What We Love About This Home!
● Gracious, Spanish Mission style original 1930’s home; recently heavily updated with modern conveniences, elegant hardscaping, landscaping, with architectural integrity preserved. Beautiful wood beamed ceilings, and fabulous beech wood floors throughout.
● Peaceful, private and quiet . No local rush hour traffic to drive home. Few minutes drive (or walkable) to Safeway, Community Center, Library, seasonal Farmer’s Market. Moments stroll to Orinda Country Club’s restaurant, pool, tennis, and golf facilities. Only 5 minutes drive to Highway 24 or BART. Surrounded by nature with serene views.
● Excellent eat-in kitchen with gorgeous white marble Quartz countertops, 8 burner Viking range, and 48” SubZero refrigerator. Three and a half bathrooms. Two living rooms and a family room. Three bedrooms.
● Inviting one mile-long walk around peaceful Lake Cascade only steps away.
● Glamorous entertaining home with many French doors opening from living rooms and kitchen to access the front patio overlooking Lake Cascade and opening as well to the inviting brick courtyard.
● Charming courtyard with lovely gas fireplace - great place to relax and eat outdoors in the warmer California weather. Walk-in temperature-controlled Wine Cellar in courtyard as well as super outdoor built-in BBQ, for easy outdoor grilling.
● Large upper courtyard fire pit with built-in seating and serene views of Valley - perfect gathering place for small groups and parties.
● Award-winning landscaping by Garden Lights Landscape with beautiful specimen trees, fruit trees, and magical evening outdoor lighting. Belgard old world driveway pavers lead to stately entry of home and oversized two-car garage with wiring for electric car charger.
● Orinda is ideally located. The entire area is a beautiful, heavily-wooded area with lots of undeveloped land preserves, reservoirs and parks for hiking and outdoor activities - yet only a short drive or BART ride to Berkeley/Oakland/San Francisco. Orinda Square has an original nostalgia-evoking Cinema, local restaurants, shops and also businesses to meet practical needs. Walnut Creek is 20 minutes away offering a plethora of shopping and entertainment in their newly remodeled downtown. Local towns of Moraga and Lafayette provide additional shopping, restaurants and a year-round Farmer’s Market.
Easy living. Top-rated schools. Excellent weather. Welcoming community
Recent Improvements & History
February 2021 Refreshed in preparation for market (current owner) Interior Paint, Landscape & hardscape, Driveway pavers
July 2020 Major Landscape Maintenance (current owner)
January 2019 – January 2021 Leased with 2 year term (current owner)
March 2019 Grant Deed Lot Line Adjustment from 14,588 SF to 21,763 SF / .4996 acre (current owner). Incorporated part of adjacent lot into new property lot. Paid $250,000 for 7,175 SF to protect privacy. Fence is on the surveyed lot line.
July 2019 New Sewer Lateral (current owner)
2017 Garden Lights Landscape wins Landscaping Award for this property
2016 Purchased by current owner for $2,095,000
July 2015-June 2016 $725,000 renovation by prior owner, Rich Mc Grew complete with with permits & engineer reports. Completely rebuilt using top of the line amenities, custom features and finishes including new electrical & lighting, new copper plumbing, new mechanical venting and HVAC equipment, addition of 3 Nest thermostat controlled zones, added all new hardwood flooring, a half bath, walk-in closet in the primary bedroom and wine cellar off the exterior bringing the total foot print to approximately 2,770 SF. Below are highights of the improvements.
July 2015 Purchased by previous owner, Rich McGrew
1936 - Original Home built
Great schools, weather, and access to San Francisco thanks to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), as well as semirural country living makes Orinda a desirable place to live in the Bay Area. Large lots house lovely Spanish-, Mediterranean-, and contemporary-styled homes. Orinda's open spaces attract road and mountain bikers and hikers along the extensive network of trails. The proximity to Tilden Regional Park, San Pablo Reservoir, Briones Regional Park, and the Lafayette Reservoir offer plenty of options for nature lovers. Orinda's small-scale shopping district is home enticing boutiques and entertainment venues. Orinda Books in Village Square offers a reading series featuring local poets and literary notables. At the center of Orinda nightlife is the revitalized Orinda Theatre Square, anchored by the renovated, Art Deco-styled Orinda Theater. The theater is home to the California Independent Film Festival, hosts independent films and conversations with actors and actresses, and presents comedy nights and live theater performances. The California Shakespeare Theater, located in Bruns Amphitheater, presents live shows in a gorgeous outdoor setting.